Wednesday, April 8, 2009

City of Ember and Zork


While we are on the subject of Zork, am I the only one that had flashbacks to Zork at differnt scenes in this movie?  I know everyone has their own images in their heads of what the G.U.E. (Quendor) looks like, but this movie really had me wanting to dust off those old text games again.  How I did not know about this movie until 2 weeks ago, I do not know.


For me it was the presence of the movie more than anything. Set underground, lighting, costumes (especially the Mayors), etc.  The most noticable similarity was the generator control room.  Was that not an uncanny resemblance to the control room for the FCD #3 in Zork?

Please comment, I want to know if anyone else had the least thought of those old infocom games when you saw this.  I find it hard to believe that the author of this was not influenced just a little.

Get it here:  City of Ember

Please leave a comment

Almost Otaku © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO