Sunday, August 1, 2010

Get Lamp - The Text Adventure Documentary


If you don't have any fond memories of those classic text games, you missed out. I was lurking the internet for information regarding the implementors (infocom/text adventure designers) of times past. To my pleasant surprise, I found out about an upcoming documentary on the storytellers and history of the genre. 

Thanks to Jason Scott, the world will soon get a glimpse of a now seemingly small but very important slice of the gaming industry with his newest documentary "Get Lamp". In an email from Jason, he expressed huge progress and an update to his blog this month. For status on the project, to offer support, or if you have anything to contribute, you can contact Jason at jason@textfiles.com

Jason Scott is also the director of "BBS: The Documentary" which can be found at bbsdocumentary.com.

2 Comments:

miki said...

oh! Did you contact to him Jason ?
wow! it's really nice! and ..
I though this Get Lamp text game is good tools for studying English.
because I have to progress in English , isn't it ?
I'm not sure yet but ,TEXT GAME is typing word for going forward .
wow I want to try that!
Is this file heavy to download?

almostotaku said...

You will need an interpreter like Winfrotz and a Z game file to get started.

I may even have a Zork I that runs from a batch file.

I will get you fixed up. =)

Almost Otaku © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO