Friday, April 3, 2009

Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro HSM


Picking a camera body for my trip to Japan was easy, lenses are a whole nother story. After reviewing 4 different lenses I have decided on this one.  The only thing missing on this is OS, but it makes up for that in other areas.  It makes up a little for this due to it's f/2.8-4.5 aperature range.  Having the 2.8 at 17mm is really nice for indoors if you like to minimize flash, althouhg a boost in ISO is still  necessary if your subect is moving. Bokeh is decent, and it is very close to true macro at 70mm.  The picture below was taken at 70mm - f/4.5 - 1/25sec. shutter- ISO 200 - Hand held - Nikon D90. Lighting was from my desk lamp.


It's not the best out there and build is about medium, but the focus is fast and images are relatively sharp and I like the close focus.  For the price it's a very nice lens in my opinion.   If it had OS it would be the ultimate midrange lens.  I got mine from Amazon - Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR


Please leave a comment

Almost Otaku © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO